Well, our travel plans are well under way. We have bought upgraded seats on our flight to Taipei from LAX so that the 14 hours in the air won't be too uncomfortable. On the way back we will have a bassinet for Kai. I do not enjoy flying so I am working on having plenty of things to do to take my mind of the flight and pass the long hours.
We have booked some rooms at The Grand Hotel in Taipei. It is considered a historical landmark in Taiwan and is just beautiful. It is somewhat on the outskirts of Taipei and has spectacular views of the city and the mountains. It is also quite close to some sights we hope to visit while we are there.
We are hashing out a sightseeing itinerary because we want to get to know Kai's birthplace. The tallest building in the World, Taipei 101, is on the list as well as a number of temples, shrines, art and history museums, and the Botanical Gardens. We are hoping we will be able to tour the coastline. It is supposed to be gorgeous. Of course all this will depend on how well Kai adjusts to being with his mom and dad full time. He appears to be such a laidback baby in all of his pictures and has been described as content so I think he will be fine. (I am much more worried about how I will adjust! I have to admit I do not think I have ever changed a diaper in my life so I am in for it).
The weather looks as though it is very similar to our weather in Florida. The daily high is 75 in November with a low of 64 in the evenings. That makes it pretty easy to pack aside from remembering to pack all the baby items and comfort items we will want once we are there.
A dear friend, Kelly R., is in Taiwan right now uniting with her daughter at Cathwel Services and was so nice to take a few photos of Kai. It means so much to have received the photos of Kai from Cathwel and others over the months that we have been waiting for the court process to conclude. I hope we will be able to do the same for other waitng families when we travel in a mere 2.5 weeks.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so excited to finally meet the little guy. I can't believe that you guys are about to be parents.
Post a Comment