Well, last week was Kai's first VBS ever and he had a blast of course. The VBS day would start out with a little play around the theme of a treasure hunt as a metaphor for seeking God's word. Well the first night after VBS when we were saying prayers Kai said, "Don't forgot about God's Treasure!". I said, "where's God's Treasure?". Kai replied, "In the flowerpot!". So, at least on Day one, the treasure hunt metaphor did not quite accomplish its goal. But by the end of the week I think Kai figured it all out. Since I had Levi with me during the Day, I helped out the VBS by helping in the snack room. Some of the groups had a little more time than they needed for snack and their group leaders would have a little trouble keeping them in their seats. Well one morning on the way to VBS Kai said to me, " I am going to eat my snack . . . and then I am going to run around like a maniac!" It was funny to see him *planning* out his disobedience for the day.
Kai has an imaginary sister which is new. I am feeling a little pressure. :)
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment