Monday, November 24, 2008

Early Thanksgiving.

Today we officially celebrated Thanksgiving. I wanted to mark the holiday in a significant way but we won't be able to celebrate on the actual day, so we decided to celebrate early. While I was cooking the boys helped daddy build a teepee which was fun for them. The boys also broke out the rocking horse and used it to hunt for Buffalo. This was all in the context of introducing the story of the first thanksgiving. We also all painted pictures of the things we were thankful for. Kai included a Rocket Ship on his picture. ( We were able to see the last shuttle launch from our house, so maybe that is why that was on his mind). We rounded out the Thanksgiving fun with a "Character Builders' cartoon about Thankfulness. Kai has been singing the song to that all day.

During dinner Kai said he wanted 10 sisters or at least one for each of us. I told him that would mean a lot more people he would have to share toys with, but he seemed fine with that.

After dinner he referred to Baby brother Levi as "A poopy pilgrim". He came up with that completely on his own. It was pretty funny.

I have an update about Kai's reaction to the info he learned from the "Why do we eat?" book. Tonight we went for a long walk and stopped at the store and let Kai pick out a lollipop. He was eating it and held it out to me and said. "Is this great food?" I replied, "Well, it is actually junk food. Remember the book said junk food is food that just has sugar in it and doesn't have vitamins or nutrients." He then handed me the lollipop and said he didn't want it because it "didn't do anything to build up my muscles." So that book really had a big impact on him.

Yesterday was a big day for Kai. he played his last soccer game of the season and received a trophy. He was thrilled about that. We were proud of him for playing a great game and sticking with it every week. I think he learned a lot from the experience. We had fun watching him figure it all out.

I will add photos of getting the Soccer trophy and Thanksgiving soon.

No comments: