Well, we have spent the afternoon packing every item imaginiable for our trip. Since we are first-time parents we have no clue how much stuff Kai will need each day so we have packed tons of diapers, onesies, baby food, and toys. We have two large, rolling suitcases and one of them is full of baby items. We have done our best to get all of our personal items in the second suitcase. We have managed, but we are cutting it close on the weight limit for the second suitcase.
We have yet to complete packing our carry-ons. We are bringing all kinds of cameras, laptops, MP3 players etc. along with snacks, the essential adoption paperwork and a change of clothes in case our checked bags get lost or misdirected.
I would definitely recommend making your best effort to pack everything up completely the weekend before flying out (or several days before) as it has been surprising how long this has taken. It also gives us the opportunity to realize that if we pack all the socks we will go through during our trip, we don't have any left to wear before we leave! =) So we have made a list of the items we are realizing we still need and fortunately we have time to pick them up before we head out.
We have downloaded an Audiobook to the Iriver that is 10 hours long to keep us entertained on our flight over. I have also confirmed that the airports we will be at are WiFi airports so we will be able to check email and update our blog while we are waiting for our next flight.
I have the next few days to finalize a itinerary for our stay in Taiwan. I am a little afraid that if I don't write my "list" I will forget something critical, like "Pick up Kai at Jonah House." (Amanda, you will understand this!).
The toughest thing I have been worrying over and procrastinating has been the gifts. Since Taiwan is a gift-giving culture, we want to honor that and be prepared with gifts for the people who have done so much for Kai and the children of Taiwan. It has been difficult to decide what to give that will be appropriate. I have decided on chocolates and needed baby items for Jonah House and a picture frame with pictures of us, Kai and Kai's birthmother for the birthmother.
Well, I better get back to work.
Monday, October 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
been thinking about you today---HOW EXCITING!!!
Kai will soon be home!!
Leah
Connie, you ARE the undisputed MASTER of teh list.
Post a Comment