Well, this is our last full night in Taipei as tomorrow we will be heading home. This morning we took the MRT to Xinbeitou. There are Hot Springs there. It is a 15- 20 minute uphill walk to the springs. It is pretty. There were pretty little parks and some live folk music. I think I prefer to see more architecture than the natural sights. If you are a hiker you might enjoy this. I like to hike, but am not really prepared for it on this trip and it was a hot day.
This afternoon we went back to Taipei 101 because we saw they had a food court. We anticipated a wide variety of options and even American places since the mall area had so many American stores. Well, imagine a food court with about 30 different Chinese restaurants!! (then throw in 1 KFC, 1 Subway and 1 MCdonalds! We were missing American food so we looked to KFC . . . very different from here. SO don't think you wil go to an American restaurant here and have American food.
This evening we visited the Confucious and Bao-An temples. These are right next to each other. I have to say the Temples may be my favorite thing here. (If you can go to Longshan Temple in the evening on a Sat. or Sunday that is the best. The people are as interesting as the Temple itself). There were monks in the Confucious Temple playing recorder music. They are just SO beautiful and fascinating. I would love to have a really good guide to read about the symbols etc.
We then went to Shihlin Market. It is partially indoors. I do not like it at all. It was very flea-markety. The smaller markets are much better in my opinion. The market by Longshan temple was interesting. The market at Danshui next to the MRT station is very nice.
Tomorrow morning we will be taking a tour of the Northern Coast area then packing up to head home. Say a prayer for us and for little Kai!
Thursday, November 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment