


Hi all,
We have made it to LAX safe and sound. The flight to Atlanta and the flight to LA were both pretty smooth. As usual they serve little to no food on the flights so we were a little starved by the time we made it here, otherwise we are doing well enough. We have settled in at our gate to wait for our flight to Taipei. It has been a long day already not including the additional 14 hours ahead of us. I sure hope we can check in early at our hotel.
Our trip started out a little rough. We parked in long term parking at Tampa, loaded up all the baggage and got on the monorail to take us to the terminal. The monorail has very short loading and unloading time at each stopp so when we boarded only Mom and I made it on the first time. Adam had to wait for the next one. Then Mom and I got off a few stops later . . . at the wrong stop. Then we got back on the next monorail where we reunited with Adam. Then we rode back around to the right stop, but this time only Mom and I made it off and Adam was stuck riding the whole route again. We got a good laugh out of the whole thing since we could have just walked to the terminal easily enough as each stop was only 30 feet from the next.
Here are a few pictures including a picture of Adam finally making it off the monorail! It has been pretty uneventful so far, but I had to pay $10 for internet access in LAX so I thought I might as well get my money's worth. :)
3 comments:
Whoo Hoo Connie & Adam...you made it to LA. I'm not sure if you are in Taiwan yet, that time stuff is confusing. I'll be watching the blog closely!!
allison
Wow, I didn't realize the monorail was so difficult to figure out..:)
I am glad that you guys made it to LAX ok. I am sorry that I wasn't more awake when you called. I hope your layover was good and I hope there was food on your flight to Taipei. I am so excited to hear about your arrival in Taiwan. Connie, I told you the plane wouldn't crash (but I will keep your last wishes in mind..:). Hurry up and go get that baby so I can see some photos of the family all together. Mom, Dad is doing fine. I checked on him this morning. I think his bird is much happier this week, without the hawk in the house..:) Have a great time guys, love you and I will watch for your next posting.
glad you made it!!!
leah
Post a Comment